Saturday, May 28, 2011

: The Narrow Road :

Hey there!

It's been, well, super long since I've posted. But, I had good reason.

I've been on tour for the past two months. Left for Texas on March 26th and just got back May 24th. It has been a wild ride, let me tell you.

This tour was different from all my other tours in several different ways. First, it was EXTREMELY different because I went all by myself. On past tours, my Mom and all my siblings would load up in our SUV and head out with me. But since the kids were in school, I was all by my lonesome. More than feeling lonely, though, being on my own taught me to...well, be on my own. I suppose you could say I grew up on this trip. Having to wake myself up for early Sunday morning shows, or finding my way to the show, or setting my stuff up at the show, or tearing my stuff down and thanking my hosts after the show, all sorta made me a semi responsible adult. Or at least closer to one than when I left.

The tour was different in another way too; the people I met. I've never had a tour where people were so ready and willing to bless me. The encouragement came in all forms; financially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It seemed that with every stop I made, God had a person (or multiple people) in mind that He wanted me to hear from. They gave of their time and some even opened up their homes. Whenever I got to feeling weary, someone was right there to pick up the pieces, and send me away refreshed. My faith in The Church was renewed, to say the least.

Lastly, tour taught me alot about the road. Obviously, I learned alot about reading a map, and sticking to the speed limit, and even when it's best to make illegal u-turns. (Just kidding) But, I also learned more about the narrow road. The road that I am called to travel more than the roads that take me to my concerts. The road that affects every area of my life, regardless if I consider it big or small.

I read today in Ephesians 2:1-2a:
"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world..."

Notice, I WAS dead. I DID follow the course of this world. I WALKED in my sins daily. But, no more.

vs 4: "God being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ..."

So, as I sit in my comfy bed, resting in my home, I remember the road.

The road I left behind, and the new course that God made me alive to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment